View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #182
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials - Chapter 1 - Logging

HP Tuners Tutorials - Chapter 1 - Logging

figure might as well do a bit of a write up on the VCM Scanner, just to give the VCM Editor a little rest, ha ha

when you first fire up the Scanner and connect it to your vehicle it will load one of two pre existing channel configurations (you can see these choices in the upper left corner of the left pane when you click the yellow Open Channel Config icon below the yellow Open Log icon which looks similar)
1. SAE Defaults

~ OR ~

2. Vehicle Defaults
Either one will give you a cluttered screen yet not everything you need to tune what ever you want to tune, ie idle, cruise, WOT.

The screen is really divided into three panes which in the defaults look like this (you can later shuffle these all around):
1. on the very left is a Channels pane (#1)

2. on the top right is a pane that usually holds the Gauges (#2) and what used to be called a Histogram and is now referred to as the Graph (#3)

3. on the bottom right is a Chart vs Time (#4) what I call the EKG looking thing
So what I like to do is nuke and pave everything and start with a clean canvas and explain what it is we are adding and why, so won't you join me.

To get rid of the Gauges, Graph, and Charts just click the X in each of their individual windows and that will make them go away for now.

To get rid of all the Channels right click in the Channels list and select Remove All Channels.

If you want to follow along, you will not loose anything you are just changing the view.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 02-21-2020 at 09:56 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote