View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #21
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: LS turbo advice needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
Been on here for hours looking for something like that. Been all over the sloppy page and never saw it. That is flat out awesome.
You have to take some of the stuff you see online with a grain of salt. Sure, you saw a guy that ran a stock engine with 12 psi for years with no issues. Well, thers 234 other guys that ran 12psi and it blew up on their second pull.

Take some time, and fix the weak points and you can run 10psi all day..

Last weekend i went through my old harness to get the coil pack wiring. Say we can agree that a SUPER nice LS harness is 500 bucks. You also need a wideband o2 when doing this also. Thats probably 200 bucks. If you spend another 300 dollars you will get your wide band O2, and a computer, and a harness that isnt 15 years old. You will spend DAYS, if not longer screwing with the factory harness.. And in the end, if you run into an issue, you have to second guess whats screwed up on your old harness.

Buy the X, with trans control for your 4l80, then come back on here and thank me. lol. Seriously. Dont waste your time shipping out your computer, and all that so you can save 300 to 500 bucks. Best money you will ever spend on that.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote