View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #16
arveetek
Ultimate Diesel Dude

SHE RUNS!!!

I got the oil feed line installed and bled, and decided to fire it up to see what happened.

Everything seems to be A-okay. The blower is definitely working! Now I can start assembling the pressure system and work out the air cleaner.

Rock,

Yeah, I'm planning to reroute the CDR hose directly to the air cleaner assembly or intake hose, whichever works out best. I don't have any boost control. The turbo is sized to match the engine, I hope, just like the Banks setup. The factory 6.5L and some Banks systems for Fords use a wastegate. I don't know of any diesels using a pressure or boost valve. I'm hoping it will produce around 10 psi max. If it goes over that, I'll have to work out something. I know the 6.2L can handle up to 14 psi without grenading, from experience others have had. The Banks sidewinder is setup to produce around 7 to 10 psi, so I'm hoping this ATS turbo for a 6.9L Ford should be just right.

Casey