View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 03:13 AM   #62
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

jim I dont like clamshell mounts, they seem like they are broken new or old. I bought a 72k chassis once, the clamshells were broken.

28tudor I am rooting for you, but I would really like this one rolling by the end of the month!

I plopped the motor back in, fits nice!

I started taking off the control arms and my friend travis called with another craiglist find, guy had a vague description but an interesting melange of parts, did I want to go halfsies? (well, halfsies AND drop everything to pick up ASAP?)

so I said yes, looked like some 54 parts in there and a gmc hood, which I knew he needed.

once more I underestimated how much stuff people have. it was THREE hoods, including a really nice 54, FIVE front fenders including the nice set of 54s, FIVE more doors (like I needed more doors) two sets of regular running boards and a set of super shorts, inner fenders, even a nice seat.

even this nice condition 39 international bed. which I had to leave to pick up another day, because of the sheer volume of other stuff.

there was more, bumpers and the 54 grille which sadly was missing the upper bar, and miscellaneous stuff. and when travis came over he picked up the gmc hood and some inners, a gmc core support and fender braces I had and called it square. so my storage got fuller.

so tomorrow maybe front end work.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is online now   Reply With Quote