Thread: Dream shop?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 11:25 PM   #23
cornerstone

Re: Dream shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
my "dream shop" is just a dream. for now I will keep bumping elbows in my 19.5x19.5 attached garage, it keeps me honest about what I can keep and what needs to go away, what tools I can invest in vs what I want.

they say you cant kennel train a puppy in a kennel that is twice his size because if they have the room to crap in it they will. well, learn to work in a small shop and you will never have crap cluttering you up! my father in law had a 30x50 and he could get one car in at a time, the rest was just stuff, stacked high and deep. my brother got a 3 car garage with his house, in 30 years he hasnt parked in it, its full of stuff. I am an offender too, I bought a rental property with a 30x50 steel building, it is currently full of 6 trucks and ancillary parts.
Excellent point. My brother has a 30x40 so full of crap he had to build a mezzanine to store more crap. I do believe I have been trained by working out of our 2 car garage for the last 16 years. I'm starting to get excited and envisioning all the space I will have for tool storage. Everything will have a place. Plus, I'll gain some points from my awesome wife who will finally have a garage to park in.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote