View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 09:21 PM   #195
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Oh, and here's the first of the "I clearly didn't plan this thoroughly enough:" the oil return I put in the pan is right where the motor mount ended up, which was too close to fit any of the AN fittings I have; they all hit the motor mount one way or another:

So I bought bought a 90° elbow, which didn't fit because now the flared end hit the motor.

So I hacksawed it in half, cut it down, and re-welded it as a 45°. I'm sure you can buy these, but this was easy.

Then I used a 45° AN fitting to get the hose to it. Looks like it will clear the AC compressor, and I'll likely put some rubber hose around the braiding so it doesn't machine its way through things.

Except it looks like I clocked the turbo compressor and turbine in such a way that the supplied oil drain AN fitting (angled slightly to clear easily) won't fit. Figures. So I lengthened it two inches, and (what the heck!) ported the adapter for nice flow.

Other than running the turbo oil feed (I need a 90° elbow so the hose won't kink/hit the hood), this concludes plumbing the turbo.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is online now   Reply With Quote