Thread: Dream shop?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 08:59 PM   #55
cornerstone

Re: Dream shop?

I made some progress today. I started with cleaning the site of obvious trash, and moving the storage box full of truck parts to the center of where the building will be. Initially I thought I could work around it if I shoved it to the center of the space. Again, I plan to pour the floor later and just need enough space to dig out the holes for the piers on the sides and corners. I soon realized how much better it would be to move it totally out of the way. I used my tractor to pull and push the thing around and eventually got it clear of the future shop area. I plan to set the stakes back in the corners and use a laser level and mark on the stakes to see how far off I am from level. I did the cut by eye several years ago and I know its not level enough since it tends to hold water in the back corners.

After I raked the area I tried to use the front loader to clean up the corners where dirt had fallen from the walls, and place it where it looked like it was low. I was only able to get one bucket of dirt before the seals on both hydraulic cylinders let loose and sprayed oil at least 6 feet. It really had some serious high pressure to spray like it did. So now I need to get that taken care of before I can get much more work done.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote