View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 04:35 PM   #18
lv2tri2

Re: Got it one piece at a time... 51 chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW A D View Post
So I have been working on my truck a fair bit in the last few months. Nothing worth posting as I have been doing mostly bodywork and blocksanding and blocksanding some more! I do have most of my interior painted and the outside of the cab and doors are ready for paint. My frame is painted with all new front suspension parts installed, Motor and trans are in for the final time I hope! With all the things happening in the world right now the two trips I was planning on taking in the next month were cancelled so it looks like i can lock myself in my shop and work on my truck for the next few weeks!!! I dont have a box for my truck and my rear frame mods were such that a stock box wouldn't fit anyway so I'm building a box from scratch. I'm not very good at remembering to take pics as i go, but I will try to document my box build if anyone is interested. I had all my panels bent up at a local fab shop as per my crude drawings. Today i started putting the pieces together. This pic is of the cross members I had bent up being put in place
I am anxious to see your bed come together. I've worked on mine long enough that I'm considering building a new one. I would like to see your drawings for the bed, and any advice for someone considering the process. I commented on your firewall awhile back and will send you a picture of mine,as requested, when it's welded in. I have held off the install to finish other things before I add to the restriction. Your project pictures are a big help in a lot of ways. How difficult was the dash? I really like the TF dash.
lv2tri2 is offline   Reply With Quote