View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #93
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

thanks twin!

b-mac they have a lot of everything.

one of the things that takes the longest on my versions of the s10 swaps, is the steering column/pedal mount assemblies. depending on the donor truck there are a couple different variants, the 82-94 style and the 95-04 style. its true you can modify the pedal mounts of the 82-94 style pretty easily to work on the AD but you cant use them with a 95+ pedal (most of my donors are 98+) and really my goal here is less time trimming and modifying and more of a "bolt in" assembly.

the first step towards that is the angled firewall plate I made a couple posts ago, I designed it to work with what I had in mind for the pedal/column mounts.

the next step was the pedal mounts. since I had both firewalls and both pedal/column mounts handy, I just did some measuring. the booster pushrod is shorter on the early trucks, and the peg is on the left, vs the longer pushrod and right peg on the late trucks. there is also a difference in width of the pedal mount, so the only common part will be the 1/8th firewall plate which for efficiency will have slots for either pedal mount cut in.

my friend said it looked like I was designing spaceships.

T1 part, some foibles, the through-bolt hole was too big and too high. I had hastily measured, and forgot GMs penchant for 7/16th bolts when I specified 1/2. cest la vie. the second part was perfect.

next the 95+ pedal. this one a challenge because the pedal is centered on the booster instead of offset, so need room for the booster nuts. I decided on a "joggle" to give room.

here are the differences, the first early truck part and the original pedal mount laying there too.

I have the firewall plate designed just need to cut it, and the column mounts are already designed in my mind haha. I am upstairs for lunch, I will see where I get to tonight.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote