View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 06:54 PM   #903
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

I already ordered some Delrin bushings, C/O lower mounting brackets, shocks, CPP modular drop spindles, & caliper brackets; plus made an adjustable mock-up shock so I could get an idea on the location of the upper mount.

I pulled one side of the front suspension apart & set things up so upon reassembly it would all be located in the same spot. The OE hub/disc spindle/caliper were replaced w/the CPP modular spindle & a KORE3 billet hub. I've had the truck on spare trailer wheels in the front to allow rolling it around because I moved a bunch of stuff from a storage unit into my shop & they were closer to the expected final tire height for mock-up purposes. I grabbed one of the OG steelies just because I wanted to see it on there again. Glad I did.

With the changes to the rear end (12bolt to narrowed 9") & using spacers to get things (wheels/tires) where the math said they should be it now appears the rear track width is dead even or possibly a little narrower vs. the front. That's a No-No in my book for hot-rods.

So, narrowed arms have now been ordered, the Ridetech a-arms will hit the shelf for another project, & the Ridetech Delrin spec 73-87 style bushings will be returned to Summit.

The initial upper 'bracket'. It's ugly, but it started out just as some taped together pieces of cardboard:
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote