View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #7
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: '86-'13 swap questions

MDPotter,
thank you for your response, I know I have bothered you so I appreciate your reply. I guess what I am asking is how to connect the '86 wires to the ’13 underhood fuse box. I have the factory ’13 underhood fuse box that makes the connection to the factory “x2” connector which includes all the wires related to the running and sensors of the engine. My original thought was/is that I could “splice” or “connect” the ’86 wires from the firewall connection to the ’13 underhood fuse box. Originally I was/am thinking that I would use a factory connector (IE: “X5” connector) & then splice the corresponding wires to the ’86 wires. I am just not sure where the relays/fuses in the ’13 box all run out from the X2 connector? I am thinking that it is kinda like a “PCB” situation. I guess like the fuses “on top” of the X2 connector are not all the ones for that connector…lol. one question is that I feel like the underhood box would be the same as the fuse/relay block link that you provided in your post. All the fuses & relays for the engine are included. I have the strtr , fans, fuel pump and ETC relays and fuses in the ’13 box, just don’t know how to connect the corresponding ’86 wires to those? I hope this is making sense, I OBVIOUSLY!! Don’t know much auto. Elec. Stuff, but am trying to learn now. I have looked on lt1swap and a few builds on ls1 tech (builders on here too) so from them I have pretty good idea where things go, just not how to connect then to each other. Looking back now I guess I would have (might have to ) go with a psi or (?) harness and fuse/relay box. When I began this I thought that having all the factory wiring was a good thing & that it would be easier & cheaper in the long run instead of trying to piece meal things together… maybe not…
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote