View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 08:58 PM   #1606
Jeff's bowtie's

Re: post your 67-72 4x4

Here’s my latest project truck a 72 short bed K/30 stepper. It started life as a 72 longhorn I parted out and it had a nice clean frame that no one wanted. I have a super clean 6’ step side bed that is 100% rust free and dent free so I decided to build a K/30 short stepper. Started out cutting the longhorn frame down 18” under the cab using the step cut method and then converted the front to 4X4 using all the brackets and bushings and engine crossmember of a donor K/5 blazer frame. I put a low mileage single wheel Dana 60 up front and the matching 4:10 14 bolt with locker in the rear. Installed a 4” lift bought 4 16X10” nub style wheels from summit racing and Hercules brand 315/75/16 terra trac tires. It has a low mileage 350 crate motor with a 400 turbo and np 205. Bought a Arizona rust free cab from a guy in Pennsylvania and I had a pair of original 68 rust free fenders and a new aftermarket 68 grill and cowl hood. The doors were off a clean C/60 truck that was barn kept and were also zero rust the only issue was the corners were cut to clear the bigger truck fenders. I replaced those corners with 1/8” plate and they look great. The interior will have newly covered blue buddy buckets and new carpet as well as a tach vac gauge cluster and all new wiring. Here’s some pics so far
Attached Images

Jeff's bowtie's is offline   Reply With Quote