View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #201
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Oh man! Bless you for checking in and showing interest!

I'm a highschool shop teacher, and we did not return to school since spring break because of covid. However, we were directed to continue teaching from home. As a shop teacher, that has been a significant challenge for me, and sucking a LOT of my time out of my life trying to provide a quality shop program to kids with no shop. If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, you've seen the videos I've been pumping out to teach my students.

Last week I started unraveling from the stress, and just sat on the shop floor with my AC components, listening to Black Sabbath, trying to figure out the best way to fabricate/connect the hoses, and how best to mount the condenser, drier, trans cooler, engine oil cooler, and power steering cooler.

And I started cutting up materials to make a better sheet metal brake, because my angle iron one sucks.

And I foolishly agreed to do a 4-wheel alignment and corner-balance on a buddy's CRX race car.

Rest assured - the project has not stalled.

It's just taken less priority recently. But I'm itching to get back on it. Work has kind of settled in now, which is freeing up my mind and energy.

I'm hoping to get the CRX out of here this weekend, and then back to working on the '61.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote