Thread: 47-55.1 Ground Clearance
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 01:51 AM   #4
mr48chev

Re: Ground Clearance

Ideally I'd like the pans to be higher than the crossmember. 99.9 % of the time a bit of careful driving will keep the pan from hitting anything but then that speed bump you didn't expect on a side street or that man hole that they raised because they are getting ready to repave the street and while the F350 4x4 in front of you cleared it you didn't have time to react. I took the drain plug of my 48 on one of those in Texas.

Just let the lowered Honda that roared past you fart pipe blasting away run in front of you and take the hit for you. He will think it's cool that you didn't pass him even though he heard the LS when he went by and the honda can be the designated bad spot finder.

This was static road height with the front of my 48. The front tires weren't in a hole.

My uncle was taking a photo of my aunt beside the truck when we held a family reunion at our house. I could lay a coke can on it's side under the bumper and jump on the bumper and put a dent in the can.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 04-28-2020 at 01:56 AM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote