View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 02:19 PM   #19
joedoh

Re: *Door Is Starting To Really Tick My Off*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb View Post
Unfortunately the repop latches for 47-51 trucks aren't so great. I have tried several on my truck and they were never quite right. I recently replaced the passenger side with a NOS latch and it closes like my Silverado. I wish I could find one for the drivers side.
yeah no one reputable has carried the 47-51 latches for a while, only place I can still find them is ebay and the reviews are terrible.

everyone who walks in my storage sees all the 47-51 doors and asks to buy latches, just latches, at pennies on the dollar, we are talking 10 bucks each. glad I am not storing that stuff outside yet.

zippi I wonder what is going on with your truck, its a 49 (outside cowl) with 52+ pushbutton handles but one piece glass. thats a lot of work, even just to install pushbutton handles, a few guys in the project forums have done variations of that, 52 doors with wings on a 47-51 cab, or just adding pushbutton handles to 47-51 doors. but I think yours may be the first with one piec window conversion (which isnt easy, you need all the parts of both doors if I remember)

definitely keep us updated on what you find

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote