Thread: 55.2-59 Heater Hose Ideas
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 02:54 PM   #12
Driver_WT

Re: Heater Hose Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
Vortec engines completely changed the cooling bypass system. Vortec uses a dual valve T-stat which opens the bypass when it closes off the radiator. The bypass is connected between front of intake and water pump. This system improves engine cooling by (1) providing a strong signal to the thermostat, and (2) preventing coolant from bypassing the radiator when the engine is warm. Because of this change the hole in the block has been deleted. Which has led to some water pumps being remanufactured using housing not containing the passages for the gen 1 SBC bypass.
I have a CT350 GM crate engine (CT = Circle Track) which came with Vortec heads. It just has a regular thermostat in it and a GM Performance dual plane intake manifold (which it came with). I have not had the engine running yet, but sounds like I need a different thermostat. Heater hoses were not connected when I got the truck project, so I need to figure out where they are supposed to go.