View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 12:33 AM   #19
PatJ

Re: My 64 Build and work in progress...

With the notch in I could lower the truck and get an idea of what was next. This is where I hit the first snag in realizing that my trailing arms where going to be the limiting factor. To get the truck as low as I wanted they where hitting the frame and it just wasnt gonna work, I thought about trying to modify them but didnt think that was going to be the right call. I was going to have to find some other solution.

After a lot of research and choices of 4 links, relocated trailing arms, different rear bag setups I found 2 examples that looked like the where pretty simple and effective. The trucks that I had seen them on I knew were well done. Its a 2 link style with an exterior rail mounted bag. One of the was from Hales Speed Shop and it was very similar to the later model kits that Ekstensive makes. With some good reference photos of those trucks I had a good idea of what to do so I purchased a rear arm kit from Ekstensive.

This kit has no rear adjustment on the 2 link so you have to be dead nuts on where you weld everything in and I can assure you my anxiety was sky high that my truck would be dog walking down the road. I measured everything about a million times from a million different points on the truck to try to get this right and it was by far the hardest part of the build stress wise.

It also didnt really have a specific location for the rear bags and no solution for the rear shocks. but after some modification to the brackets and studying photos I worked out the bag position and fabbed up my own rear shock location. In the end I feel pretty good about how it worked out.
Attached Images

64 Custom Cab Fleet

Last edited by PatJ; 05-19-2020 at 12:49 AM.
PatJ is offline   Reply With Quote