Thread: 47-55.1 floor patches
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #14
osaltyone

Re: floor patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
hey salty, nice job. are those panels prefabbed or did you build them? fit is pretty good by the pics.
when welding in panels like these I like to use weld through primer on the parts prior to welding. that way the back side is coated with something except for the actual welded spots. you can't be perfect but at least something is better than nothing. there is copper and zinc. zinc of course spatters more. ensure to cut the wire on the mig each time for a nice sharp tip that starts without skipping around looking for a connection.
keep the [pics coming, we love seeing forward motion on a build. sometimes it lights a fire under us to get after our own stuff.
@dsraven
Yea, the panels are prefabbed. They didn't match the bead rolling from factory, but eventually plan fatmat and carpet, so no one will see them. I hit all the areas I could get in with rust converter and POR15 before welding them all up. I can access most of them from the bottom of the cab too. Some areas I did use weld thru primer, but depended on the area.
Your right about lighting a fire. I took a break for a week then saw others threads and made myself get back out there, now moving again.

POR15 (gray) inside the cab up behind the dash then the bottom of the cab (black). I should probably start a build thread since this may be a while...
Attached Images

osaltyone is offline   Reply With Quote