View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 04:20 PM   #38
Nick_R_23

Re: S10 Frame Swap on 47-53 - Would you do it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by layinrocker65 View Post
I think the original question is being lost on the negative posters. He’s talking about doing an S10 swap vs upgrading the stock chassis. He clearly does not want to drive a stock truck.

What he wants is people’s opinion on how the swap worked out and if they would do it again. There is people here who wouldn’t do a s10 swap and that’s fine. But the constant negativity over something you have never done is pointless and not productive in this particular thread.
Pretty much! Absolutely 0% interested in sticking with the stock 1949 suspension, steering, and drivetrain components. Sounds cool, but been down that route and it gets old QUICK. Upgrading the stock frame is on the table, but mostly comparing the cost/labor/complexity/how many "off the shelf" replaceable parts I would be able to retain, and the overall end result fun factor in going 'Upgraded Stock Frame' vs 'S10 Frame Swap' vs 'Taking A Different Route And Trying Something New'. Nothing wrong with any of those ways, I'd just like to see whats been done and if it's right for my build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
yeah there is a guy who ordered a frame for his task force, like 19k. DOUBLE GULP>

there was a guy who ordered a frame for his AD, too. dont remember the cost (it was a lot) but it came like 2 inches shorter. that sucked!
That would suck! I remember considering one pretty heavily when I had my 1957 Bel Air. Pretty much ran into the same deal - by the time the stock frame would be fully upgraded, it was at the cost of an aftermarket chassis. Luckily I sold the car and just paid off the house before I dumped 20K into that project!
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote