View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 09:55 PM   #44
MARTINSR

Re: S10 Frame Swap on 47-53 - Would you do it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_R_23 View Post
No, I get it just fine. You don’t get that you are in a thread spamming an answer to a question that is not being asked. You also don’t seem to have any hands on experience with any vehicle newer than 1993, let alone anything that can actually handle and stop. Nobody here that is looking to frame swap or even subframe/clip their truck is looking for advice from someone who thinks 4 wheel drums are great, and whose research consists of “I didn’t get into an accident once” and admittedly engages in dangerous practices on the highway.

I am driving MY car on the road, but I share that road with countless others. I rely on others to keep their car in good operating condition to not be a hazard or dangerous, and I do my part my doing the same. Also, a semi truck has brakes about 16” in diameter and 7” wide, and are air actuated, and have a braking system engineered for the load and speed they are carrying. Quite a bit more stopping capability than you would imagine. My daily driver has brakes that work so well, you’d wonder how the seat belts are capable of taking that kind of force. It’s pretty stupid IMO to leave that to chance when the technology is inexpensive and easy to retrofit.

So that semi can stop as fast as your 2015 Blazer?

Honestly I am saying things that are fact, not opinion. I have studied it, but I understand, it doesn't fit what everyone wants to think. It's like on the auto body forum if someone asks "How can I weld a windshield?" I am going to tell them not to weld the windshield, hope I don't look like a jerk.

Discussions like this are interesting, that's for sure. Did I mention (yeah about ten times) that I am not saying don't do it, I didn't say don't put discs, I didn't say don't do any of this, just for others who may read this, just think about it, what are your expectations of your truck, that's all. I sure enjoy driving these old cars.

And yes, I work on late model cars, hell, I LOVE them and what they can do. Yesterday I drove a little Chevy Volt, that little sucker is a hot rod, holy crap I dig electric cars! You have all the torque at zero RPM. The last shop I worked at was actually just a mile or so from the Tesla plant in Fremont Ca. I got to drive a few, holy crap the upper end ones would blow the ever loving doors off a stock 426 Hemi Charger, they are mind blowing fast. It's amazing how far we have came with that stuff.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote