View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 08:25 PM   #226
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Fabricated an oil sender adapter so I could feed the turbo.

The LS uses a 16mm x 1.5 thread and a sealing washer. I turned half of some 1" steel down to 5/8" and threaded it, then bored the other end and threaded it as well, then drilled and tapped 1/8"NPT at an angle such that I can easily thread the adapter and sensor into the block, then thread an 1/8"NPT 45° in there to better reach the turbo feed.

Also put the rad in to measure fan clearance. I have just under 4" to the stub of where the fan clutch was, so I'm going to need a thin electric. But, if I can find one, I should be able to squeeze the engine oil cooler behind that.

If I can't find one I like, I could probably relocate the trans cooler, run a thinner rad-spacer-back-inator and gain maybe another 1/2" of fan room.

Also fabricated a bracket for the AC Drier. This will nestle neatly in the crook of the turbo compressor piping, right beside the radiator. Made out of some 2-1/2" exhaust pipe and some 1/2" square tube.

Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote