View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #59
loosenutz

Re: Loosenutz's 66 SWB BBW LM4 Build

So I don't feel like going back and posting about the stuff I did over the winter so here's what I've been up to the last few weeks. Pretty much finished up the rear suspension, custom built exhaust, rollpan, and tailgate latches. For the rear suspension I put in an adjustable panhard bar, 5" drop springs, swaybar, and shock relocation brackets with new shocks. The main thing left to do is put in the new crossmember for the trailing arms. I used the stock SSR driveshaft which is a whopping 4.5" Diameter so it barely fits through the stock openning. I clearanced the stocker with a big cutoff wheel to get by for now. I ordered an afermarket crossmember but it turned out not to be big enough for the driveshaft either so I modified it. I'll have another post with those details. The exhaust was completely custom handbuilt by myself. It has a high flow cat and 2 small resonators per side. The sound is amazing. Nice mellow idle and cruise but she barks big time if you hammer it. For the tailgate latches, I went with the hidden spring loaded latches like many people but I did it much more differently. I'll post details below. You can also see the mustang fuel tank that I modified to use the stock SSR fuel pump assembly. Best thing about this is it plugged right into the modified SSR wiring harness. Fuel gauge works and everything. Oh and did I mention the cruise control works too!!
Attached Images

Last edited by loosenutz; 06-24-2020 at 08:21 PM.
loosenutz is offline   Reply With Quote