View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #68
MARTINSR

Re: S10 Frame Swap on 47-53 - Would you do it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28TudorAZ View Post
Funny...I was reading through my thread to see what was said. Mind you this was 2 years ago. I am going to quote one of my favorite builders on this site.
Yeah that cracks me up too! Joe is so cute. I make it clear in my opinion about this subject to simply THINK ABOUT IT. What is so bad about that? I don't say DON'T DO IT! I say think about it, what are your expectations of your truck? That is all I really say and I get beat up for it. And working on my truck, yep, it's been a long time, many years. In the mean time as it was sitting out back I did a restoration on my 65 Buick Gran Sport convertible doing the top and all, I did my 59 Rambler that got a rebuilt motor and all the brakes and yada yada all done in my garage with my truck sitting out back, sorry. I have helped build other cars that made into magazines and winning best in class at the GNRS.

Yep, I have built plenty, but because I have seen people make mistakes where they do stuff that really wasn't needed for their truck I am a jerk because I simply say to people "think about it, what are your expectations?" A simple dropped axle may get them what they need, where they could be on the road having fun in days. That's all I say to think about it and decide before you move forward knowing you are doing what is right for you. That's all I say and somehow that's not something I should say.

That is so wild,

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote