View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 10:29 AM   #16
sameyeam

Re: 72 Chevy K20 Wrecker restoration

Well I have done a little more frame repair and disassembly on the truck. I took the rear axle out and I am on my way to having both spring packs removed. After some thinking over the past few weeks i am making a change in my thinking about how i am going to restore this truck. I wanna be able to use it as i restore it. I was stuck in the mindset that as it goes back together it had to be show quality perfect. Well i dont wanna take that much time or money to do that so i have changed my mindset to that of get it safe and use-able. That being said i havent wasted any time so far as the frame needed to be repaired and the rear leaf packs need to be replaced anyway. I am going to continue repairing the frame and i need to figure out a solution or just start fabbing the replacement crossmember pieces so that can go back in as well as upper shock mounts. Then i can coat the back half with POR-15 and bolt the rear end back in. Ill post some pics of the frame repair and i plan on making some more frequent posts, thanks for following.
Attached Images

2007 Pontiac Vibe (daily)
sameyeam is offline   Reply With Quote