View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 03:14 AM   #1020
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

I've got 4 C10 era sway bars hanging under my storage racking:

*1.125" OE standard bar
*1.25" OE C10HD/C20/C30 bar
*1.25" Addco/PBDM bar
*1.375" Bell Tech? (I'm pretty sure that was the manufacturer & looking for the paperwork to confirm).

I knew the OE bars were out because of the a-arm mounting style. So I grabbed the used Addco/PB bar I purchased off a board member as well as the Bell Tech unit I initially bought for my Dually.

I WAS surprised that the Bell Tech bar was actually slightly narrower than the Addco/PB bar considering the PB Dropmember has a narrowed track width vs. what the Bell Tech bar is spec'd for. I laid the BT bar on the floor under the front frame rails & WAS NOT surprised it was wider than the mounts on the arms (Dropmember + narrowed arms). But, while the ends of the sway-bar were wider & not plumb w/the C/L of the sway-bar link mounts on the a-arms, they weren't that far off either After staring @ it for a while, I grabbed more spare parts I had for the G-body & have a starting point for my solution.

In true fashion for this build, the bar bought for the Dually will get used & the end-links for the G-body will be part of the set-up as well. More 'recycled' stuff vs. having to buy new stuff
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote