View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 03:44 PM   #128
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

My wife used to say, "I'm not moving somewhere just because trucks don't rust out!" when I'd talk about moving back to the S/W. Of course there are all the other reasons. I never lost the feeling of being in the places I've lived. I've been compensating and focusing the good the whole time. It's the good old people and the way it was that is best about around here. I'm more into the historic value than keeping up with the modern world that so many here all all about. Like burly ol' Dave Arterburn (old boss) used to call them, "Buncha Hush Puppy wearin' Pencil Pushers" . I also look at places in Page County, VA. The valley between Blue Ridge and Massanutten where the South Fork of the Shenandoah snakes through. My sister is down there in Rileyville, about midway between Front Royal and Luray. I spend time there visiting her when I can. Luray is still a nice area. I just wouldn't want to have to commute. I can see me living there once I'm on SS with a place that's paid for. I had been ready for that or Garrett County, MD to be my next place, but I really should try to make some more money before giving up. But some days I just wanna...

BTW, on my way into town I decided to abort going and fantasizes about houses, hit the store, and get back to it here. I have an overhead lumber rack to build and stock up. Got to keep at it!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote