View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 10:37 PM   #144
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I guess I didn't make the connection that your folks were buried there, or forgot. Which I apologize for. I do remember you said you like to ride your bicycle there. It looks like a very nice cemetery.

I like to stay busy and plan to be very busy once retired. I enjoy working. I always look at things and see what needs done. It feels good to shorten the list. It seems my life is nothing but loose ends and I'd like to change that. Too bad I'll get this place all tightened up, then move on and have another place to get right. I do also look forward to sitting back and just enjoying it all. I do that now here but trying to stay on it all I can.

I plan to replace my main (upper) roof a section at a time, from cedar shakes to metal. The front will be first. I had a bad spot I realized when I was painting last year when I saw a section of fascia rotted out behind the gutter. I put a 3/8 bead on all the fascia and on the lower section, where I had a lot of bad spots in fascia, I replaced with Azek (w/bead). When I moved all that material from the shed to the garage I came up with just what I need to replace across the front. I thought it was primed wood until I snatched it out. That's what's great about keeping this stuff around. The bad part is moving it and not being able to get to what you need w/o digging in. But moving it was good for uncovering the Azek, so good/bad oh well . I'm about to set up tools and do some int/ext trim odds and ends. So the fascia will get taken care of that round

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote