Thread: My 66 Project
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #153
ChrisDollins

Re: My 66 Project

The overdrive is a Saginaw unit out of like a 50's car. Still 3 speed manual, but has a big solenoid that engages overdrive. Super cool. I wired it up to a factory looking pull switch in the dash under the heater control. Get up to speed in 3rd, pull the switch and let off the gas and it goes right into overdrive. Changed the truck a lot for me. I really didn't want to give up the low gears in the rear axle. The 250 started missing on me pretty bad. Went through the carb twice, new ignition parts and anything I could think of. Decided to buy parts to put the spare 283 in it. I failed to check into the little 283 before getting everything and the deeper I went the worse it got. Decided to abandon that idea and have fixed the 250. Put a Holley 350cfm carb on it and cleaned up the wiring. Good running little engine. About to lower the truck a couple more inches and get the electric fans on this fall. We have 3 little ones now so shop time is very limited LOL. Usually to after the kids go to bed, if I have any energy left. Thanks for reading.
Attached Images

ChrisDollins is offline   Reply With Quote