View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 05:57 AM   #220
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I got the concrete work done on my garage over the weekend. I wish I could say I got the slab floor done, but that will come later. I wish I could have done that before putting the short bed project in, but... hey, it rolls.

So I picked up 30 bags think the retaining wall could take as much as that. It's really hard to guesstimate that Sakrete. I never go by whatever yardage they say a bag does. That has messed me up before. First I thought 18-20 based on what the work I already did took. It's tricky because you want to be sure you bought enough once you start, but you don't want too much. It doesn't keep well for later use and I doggone sure don't want to handle it an extra time to return. So the wall took 8! That's fantastic but it meant I had 22 bags to use up. I figured it might be enough to do the sidewalk, which I originally intended to do when I got a truck order for other work I have coming up. But I decided to do the steps which also had stone work involved, because I had the time for all that. Did all that and still had 14 bags left, so I did the first section of sidewalk. Had two left over so figured 10 more would do it, but I went for 12 more bags. Got it all done, have 2 left
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote