View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 11:08 PM   #227
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
That must have been a monster swing set. That is a lot of concrete....

LockDoc
Well, you know how swing sets are usually two a-frames. This was just one post at either end of the beam. So the posts needed to be well anchored for the rocking motion. I had it so the kids could fly off and land in the sandbox which was big and deep. I ran into some of the sand while digging. Brought back memories of when my yard had kids busy at having fun.

That jack was straining. That thing was heavy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Nice tactics

Great study of the project

I had to come up with something. I figured either it was a good Idea or I was stupid for thinking so. "Don't get hurt" and "Don't break something" were weighing heavy on my mind. It would have been better if I could have anchored the jack from the side as well, away from the building. I figured I'd better slip those cold chisels though the top of the jack in case the chain decided to slip off. I put that old wheel to good use to steer the chunk away from the step dropping down to the door into the building. I didn't get pictures of it, but I used a come-along to drag it up onto my trailer. I'm glad that thing is gone

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote