View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 01:20 AM   #306
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Thanks, but I still have the unmolested other door, as well as the soon-to-be-not-used other patch.

What I need to figure out, is how to create the front and back flanges without destroying the panel shape. I can't put it in the brake, but I might be able to use the tipping wheel on the bead roller.

I picked up the English Wheel from the local classifieds a couple years ago - one of the last of the tools I wanted for my shop. Some guy was selling it and a solvent tank for $250. The Wheel is an $825 wheel today. Not stupendously high quality wheel, but it works.

I picked up a foot/shrinker/stretcher/stand a while back too - definitely worth its weight. I had been asking for a particular tool store's gift cards as gifts for years, and finally had enough to buy it. I think it was on sale at the time for about $325, it's now $530. You can do a simple vice or bench mount shrinker/stretcher and just change the jaws as needed, but I sure like having the two together operable by foot pedals - very convenient.

All these tools I've collected over years and years, always on sale, and usually with gift cards. Many I've purchased used, and I have made many tools too (hydraulic press, tubing bender, finger brake...).
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote