View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 06:47 PM   #428
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Console looks very nice. The wiring looks scary to me.
And that's only half of it, Dale. All the EFI, stereo and power window wires are yet to be sorted out.

Meanwhile, I've got the SPW Power Wonder Lift units installed in both rear doors. I shot the sitting ducks first since I had a Re-Pops kit for the window channel that's supposed to be a direct fit for the four door wagon. I was a bit bummed that the channel was about 8" too short on the hinge end of the door. I have a separate kit for the front doors that's meant for the vent window delete, so I had extra channel in the Re-Pops kit. I cut off the length I needed and scabbed it into the U-channel. From there it was a pretty straightforward installation. Cut rectangular openings in the inner door panels and welded in the brackets that came with the kit. (Be sure to cover the glass when welding and grinding.) Cut the excess off the brackets, smoothed out the edges then tested the operation with my 12V power source. Both sides go up and down nice and smooth.

Now just have to do the front doors. The kit I have for the vent delete has straight pieces of window channel, so I'll have to bend them to fit the longer front windows. I wish they'd been pre-bent like the Re-Pops kit. It's really easy to screw up the stainless beads when making those bends.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote