View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 12:31 AM   #68
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

I also mocked up the new wheel/tire (275/40/18) on the front suspension- not even close to contacting any part of the suspension or fender liner. Makes me think I could go wider but I couldn't find anything off the shelf in an 18 that had a wider rim. I need to check the fitment on the rear before I order the entire set. I want to run the same wheel/tire on all 4 corners. It's a personal preference of mine. I like to maximize grip while allowing for tire rotations. I may make a change in the future if I find that the one end of the truck doesn't have enough mechanical grip.

The old tires were 265/75 r16 on 8 inch wide rims, new tire is 275/40 r18. The difference in diameter is quite a lot, I did the math and the speedo should be out by almost 15%.

You may be asking yourself, if you are following along closely, "You had to convert to 5 lug in the front, and plan to run 5 lug wheels. But, you had a 67 C20 with a HO72 (8 lug)... What are you going to do in the rear?". Well, yes. I have had to add a lot more scope to my project...
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote