View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 09:42 AM   #29
WunTon

Re: WunTon's 63' BBW/SWB Fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Good! Hopefully they will give you a good deal on getting both done at the same time, assuming the same shop does all. I told my coater in the beginning that this will not be the only thing i bring him wink wink so .... he caught the hint and i got a great deal. So i have returned 3 times with things for him and hopefully will be again with a roll cage to have coated and possibly a few other large pieces. I have my own old oven and powder gun, so for small pieces I do them myself, works great and it is addictive!! LOL
I hope they aren't crazy expensive!

I spent a couple hours last night and made a little more progress. I guess you could say I'm officially in the mockup stage at this point because I got the first new shiny piece attached to the frame!

Removing the crossmember was an exercise in perseverance to say the least! Those rivets are really not meant to come out lol. I removed all of the rivets and will replace the the others that I removed with grade 8 bolts to match the look of the new bolts for the crossmember.

Then I set the new trailing arm crossmember in place and I was able to get 7 of the 8 bolts installed. The 8th will go but its going to require a ratchet strap to pull the frame in a little and I ran out of time so I'll attempt that tonight and see about getting the trailing arm bushings pressed in and bolted up just to add more shiny bits and feel like I am actually making progress!

I'm going to get the rebuild kit ordered for the rear axle today so I can get it built this weekend if time allows and maybe I can have it on the rear wheels by Sunday evening.
WunTon is offline   Reply With Quote