View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 11:43 AM   #359
88Stanger

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
Second guessing the Red Oak option.

While LOTS of people are using Red Oak for the bed floors, these are mostly the "show" trucks with the miles-deep bar-table varnish on top. Clearly not for going to Art Knapps Plant Land for a scoop of crushed granite, or skidding a big block Chevy to the header panel to haul home from Pick-N-Pull.

I looked at other wood options = I'm kind of committed since I have new bed skid and angle strips coming. I looked at Ipe and Apitong, and Hemlock, and Hickory....

I'm back at my original though on going composite. Composite works out to about $210, since I can get three boards out of a 20' length, and it's cheaper by the 20'.
I am not going to lie here, i kinda like he composite idea. I have never used a router on composite, but that would not stop me from trying it. I really do like this idea.... Damnit, now i may just do this.... Sorry, do not mean to take your post away... but this composite idea is a good one. I love, love real wood look, but the composite idea is simple, easy, replaceable and cost effective.... hmm...
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote