View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 02:04 AM   #398
Gregski
Post Whore

HP Tuners Tutorials - Enable Power Enrichment aka Accelerator Pump / Secondaries

Part IX - Enable Power Enrichment aka Accelerator Pump / Secondaries

this table tells the computer what the air fuel ratio mixture needs to be or needs to equal at a certain RPM

so the computer doesn't just go hey the guy pressed the gas pedal more than 50% and the RPMs are at 4000 so shoot some more gasoline in the engine, instead it says at 4000 RPM we need to shoot precisely this set amount of fuel to make the gasoline mixture equal stoich (14.681) divided by 1.246

so that equals an AFR of 11.78 in essence richening the air fuel ratio

(remember about 13.50 is neutral or cruising AFR, as an example anything lower to like 11.50 is rich which means more power, anything above that is lean up to for example 15.50 which is fine for say coasting on the highway)

I'm an old timer so I speak in AFR and not in Lambda like all the cool kids do now

so we can play with the numbers in this table a little bit, since simply going richer does not mean more power, there is a sweet spot, what I like to do is see if coming in richer sooner has a positive effect in other words do you get more power at lower RPMs, then I do the opposite and see if I can lean out the fuel a little at the higher RPMs if there is no more power gains up high, or you can shift that Ratio to the left a few cells or shift it to the right a few cells type of thing
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 03-26-2021 at 01:27 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote