Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 02:52 PM   #784
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

I finally found the seal material for the roof lights so I have completed the mock up of the lights and tested them. They work. After some decompression on the work on my doors I have continued with them. They have been patched, smoothed, end received a good coat of epoxy. I got the new hinge pins and bushings so the hinges have been rebuilt. I installed the Honda door seals and I've been working on aligning the doors. I found that I had 2 main hinge bolts on the drivers door were stripped, Ugh. It was actually the nuts in the body panel that were stripped, but upon closer inspection I found that rust was not the reason they stripped. the nuts looked clean. I decided that before doing anything radical that I would try tapping them out to a 5/8" bolt from the 9/16". I used a 3/8" drill bit and drilled out the old threads. I also enlarged the oval hole in the body so the larger bolt could move freely. I then tapped the hole. It worked perfectly. I will enlarge the oval hole in the hinge so the bolt will move freely there also. This is a matter of removing 1/32" from each side. So I hope to get the door back on today and continue the alignment. I'll post up some pictures later today

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote