View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 01:53 PM   #1080
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Those last two pictures are at the Kilgore College Campus. I drive by that lot every day. Where you there for the meet? the 10th was a Thursday, so I would have been at work...Wish I could have come out to look them over!
Yes sir. We got discounted admission to the Oil Museum so we checked it out. The few times I've went out there I was never able to check out the museum. The Tour was Thursday - Saturday night. The 'Welcome Party' & ending event/dinner was @ www.wyldeacres.com event venue.

My buddies do these tours w/family & friends. This was my inaugural event

About 100 registrations/200 people signed up for this 58th Annual Texas Tour (60+ Model A's). It was different vs. what I'm used to as far as attending shows but it was a cool thing to participate in. I didn't care for the last minute thrash getting the Cabriolet going (it wasn't started until 11:15pm on 6/9/21. We were scheduled to depart @ around lunch time 6/10. No pressure. Wound up trailering the Cabby since it had a valvetrain noise on the fresh lifters but the other 2 drove the entire trip w/only the '29 experiencing 2 small issues that we overcame on the shoulder (1st one in Forney TX vapor lock issue; the 2nd/3rd stops were near Wills Point for a loose crank pulley).

The '31 Coupe just returned from another event in Colorado. The truck pulling it on a trailer broke down outside of Dalhart TX. He unloaded the Coupe & drove home to DFW some 450ish miles in a straight shot stopping only to refill gas & water. It's driven over 1k miles since 6/9/21.

The first two pics below were around 930pm Wed 6/9. We just got the rear end back in place so we could roll it outside & turn it around to stab the motor & trans.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 06-30-2021 at 09:50 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote