View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 04:52 PM   #74
RyanAK

Re: Yet to be named... ‘78 K10 Suburban

Hey, man. Been driving the Suburban pretty much every day. I think I have about 25,000 on it since I bought it. Other than a few hiccups, it's been great. Winter salt and working in a coal-fired powerhouse have made the small rust scabs larger rust scabs, but I still enjoy daily driving a truck that's as old as I am.

Need to dig into the front end soon... There's a clicking and a squeak that are related to wheel rotation at slow speeds. And I'm pretty sure I have the cause of my vibration located... also in the front end. Other than that, just chugging along. Also enjoying a '63 Olds Cutlass that I picked up for short money as a summer car. Helps keep the miles off of the Suburban.

I'm a family man with two vehicles. One 43 years old, the other 58. The lovely Samantha remains sane with a late model Subaru. Ha.

The pandemic and a horrible work load have kept me away from major car projects and checking in here, but I hope to do better. The Olds is super fun and can be made funner. The Suburban really suits me and once I work through the front end and get the small amount of rust dealt with, will be with me for a long time. Then there's that Model A Gow Job I've been meaning to build... never ends, eh?

Good to see Sweet Pea and Bourbon in fine shape. I'll try to comment over there soon.

Cheers!

Meet 'Earl', '71 C10 Suburban - Sold, but not forgotten...

Meet... yet to be named, ‘78 K10 Suburban Daily Driver
RyanAK is offline   Reply With Quote