View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 11:09 PM   #1096
Wikid61
Post Whore

Re: Facebook Marketplace finds

Up for sale is my late father's 1971 C30, 1-ton Chevy flatbed truck. The truck is real survivor from another era, when trucks were built for work, not as people movers. This is the perfect project starter for someone wanting a ramp truck to haul their hot rod or super cool customer camper, which is why I included the inpsirational photos in the ad. I like the ideas so much I almost thought about keeping the truck, but I don't have time, money, or storage.
The truck is equipped with a GM Goodwrench crate 350, 265HP and 350ft-lbs of torque. When it was installed by Bones Fab in Camarillo, it got a new Accel HEI, modern aluminum radiator, and a new Edelbrock carb. The engine is backed up by a TH400 trans. Both of these are totally usable parts, and also good items to sell if you're going big block or LSX. The rear end is a 4:11 geared, full floating axle, basically unbreakable. I installed a new deep cycle marine battery last week just to get it moved. It's perfect for using as a shop battery while you build this truck up. You'll be super stoked to see my dad's mid 2000s Kenwood CD player in the dash, luckily the dash wasn't cut up too bad for the install. I'ts got power disc brakes that work great and power steering too. It's a fully functional vehicle that's in pretty original, and pretty much unmolested condition. It's a perfect project starter.
Wanna know all the bad? Here it is:
Yep, it's got rust in all the places you'd expect. The fuel gauge and speedometer work accurately, but none of the other gauges do. The wiring is pretty ugly. All 6 tires are getting pretty bald, but can be driven to get it where you're gong to do the work. Also, the rear axle leaks fluid on the driver's side. There's no puddle in the wheel or the ground, but the brake backing plate is GREASY.
All that said, this is a great truck with a ton of potential. And you know the 5 lights on the cab are damn cool.
I have a pink slip and the registration is current. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7-74b0b4c5ea42
Attached Images

Wikid61 is offline   Reply With Quote