View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 12:50 PM   #13
88Stanger

Re: 1965 C10 Fleet Project - unfinished business

Just a fair warning.... I have an LS 5.3 in my 1969 that was fully rebuilt, upgraded cam and lifters and such, stock heads cleaned up and work a bit, headers, changed out intake and throttle body... and so on. With that said, honestly the hardest part is the wiring. I went with PSI Conversions. Great company honestly, BUT they do not do any custom stuff, so getting the GM Brain programed to work with your set up... that is up to you to find someone that can and will, get your checkbook out.... I have done this and i am very frustrated at the outcome. I cannot work on it, see issues and such because i do not have the software to work on it, proprietary with GM or such that i know of. Anyways, I have done alot of research and found that Holly makes a complete wiring kit with mini screen or full computer program for the LS Family! It comes with everything to make it work and allow you to do complete custom tune or just allow the computer to self learn. It is not cheap at $1400.00 for me with 4L60E but then again PSI was over 1,000.00 so ...... anyways, just something to keep in mind. Not saying to not go with PSI or other or redo stock harness yourself, just giving out what i have found.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote