View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 01:06 PM   #4
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: 4.8 bored to 5.7 piston size

I need to cut down on low to midrange torque especially so it is easy for me to drive the way I want it too. As I plan to play around rally cross style, and have chosen my path to get there. Also I want to run in real rally crosses. It will be in the unlimited class or open. Which can be for cars that don't fit in the rules, and it would be for fun only either way.

The 5.3 and the 6.0 yes both make more power, and with less add-ons.

So I need the power graph of the 4.8 so I can control the rear end. The truck will be limited on many items namely tires as a compromise to my total plus operating budgets. Also so I do not want to over power the tires at the slightest throttle blip. Which will be alot easier with the 5.3, but especially the 6.0.

A neutered 5.3 or 6.0 technically do what I want, but they would be way less efficient at DD. Especially when neutered on torque to model my ideals. Where the 4.8 would be in it's zone much more effectively as per MY goals.

GAS is $4 dollars a gallon, and I want to be able to drive the truck. The 4.8 with OD will be much more acceptable with my 4.88's then the 6.0 would be.

I have had over powered vehicles, and done the same stlye driving before. It is a knife edge by comparison, and takes the a lot of joy out of hard driving. Since you always have to be on point. To much throttle. You sink the tires or spin out to easily. The 4.8 requires more throttle to do the same things, and thusly safer.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote