View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 10:55 PM   #361
mechanixman

Re: 1952 1 Ton Rebuild

Well oops.
I guess updating got put on the back burner. Sorry about that.
I figured I can at least post what I've been up for the past couple weeks.

I was at a car show in septemeber talking shop with another AD truck owner when the topic of headliners got brought up. He showed me what he was running, which was a foam with a perforated vinyl covering. He has a basic black vinyl that he glued to the roof of his cab, and it was slick. Not to mention it actually quieted down the cab a bunch. I asked where in the world he found such a good lookng, cheap, and fairly easy solution for a headliner. He said this was used in the cabs of locomotives and a friend gave him a piece so he wasn't sure where to buy it. I looked around and none of the typical industrial supply places carried anything similar to that insulation.
THEN I found this place:
https://www.tractorinteriors.com/
The had bulk foam of what exactly what I was looking for, and just about any color to boot. I was looking for which color I wanted until I came across Wester Brown. That was the ticket.

Foam was cut to the shape needed to fit the cab. 3M 90 was the adhesive I used. I also prepped by masking off the inside of the cab. I'll tell ya, $7 on visqueen sheeting goes a loong way.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 10-27-2021 at 09:45 AM.
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote