View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 11:39 AM   #34
Thadious

Re: 51 Chevy on a Ford Explorer Subframe - Time for a Different Frame Swap!

Lol, I wish! I've been busy getting things around here ready for the white stuff to come! This has included turning a 84" snow blower into a 60" one (PO had hit a fence post in the grass and bent the auger all to sh*t!) and rebuilding a 23hp Kohler motor to run it (still looking for a camshaft gear for it).

Also picked up a '65 Bridgeport milling machine, so busy getting that tuned up, wired, DRO, etc done for that!

Right now, she's in the shop with the motor sitting on the existing mounts and the cab and front end resting on the frame. I'll be working on the height adjustment for the body mounts in the coming days (fingers crossed) to get that firmed up. Then readjusting the engine mounts so I can slide it back an inch or so and off. Looking at swapping the stock exhaust manifolds in for a set of old school ram's horn center dumps or Tru-rams (found a blem set on Ebay for a great price but they won't ship to Canada (even though they ship everything else (including a transmission) here!)). So working on that.

Picked up a tilt column from a 65 Impala a couple weeks ago and that should slip in nicely, just have to find a longer intermediate shaft from something that will go from the Explorer rack and pinion to the Impala column.

Space is tight, but not as tight as the S10 was!

Cheers!
Ted.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you...

My new build - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...70#post8958970
Thadious is offline   Reply With Quote