View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #5300
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkha1 View Post
great results - many hands...

this team effort reminds me of how I used to tackle big jobs on cars or homes - I would ask about 5 mates to help - a hard days work with lots of bacon sarnies and banter followed by a boys night in with beers. Then the other 4 would pull in their token when they needed help with a project.
Spot on.

That is the culture I come from.

Interestingly, as Fil observed in his usual dry manner on Saturday when two members off the UKGSER BMW bike forum offered help for a next time…..

“Funny how they come like blisters, After all the hard graft is done”

The four of us were fortunate that Fil and I are taller, and Craig and Kyle a bit shorter, but also, we were all on the same page, and the flow of work and progress was constant, if tough.

Saturday night we were all shattered, but after dinner we all just left…… to go take stock of our possible aches and pains.

I have many times helped and never seen that person again, but I have also been helped and never seen that person again. Never having expectations to me is a big part of this.

Next job, once Larry has dug the footings for the concrete slab(s) (there is another shed to be built that is in kit form already) will be to get the walls up again.

I will reach out on behalf of Craig when that happens as this global forum family certainly does look out for each other.

I think if he can get the walls and gables up, followed by the roof sections and set in place, the finishing details will be within his solo ability.

Often the extra hands are just needed to hold things in place while they get fixed.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote