View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 01:44 PM   #1752
LT7A

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
My wife bought a solid bronze statue. It took two people to unload it into the garage.

So around 2:00 a.m. after a few beers I decide that I can get it in the house by myself.

This was a really really bad idea. That thing was HEAVY and it was pitch black outside. I couldn't use my flashlight because my hands were full carrying this pig.

So of course I tripped. Hit the concrete hard. Let me tell you one thing about concrete. It hurts when you fall on it. Especially when you have a heavy bronze statue crash down on you on top of it. Then it really hurts.

I still managed to get it in. But I'm a little busted up. My right knee and my finger are jacked up. I'll give them a few days. I don't think I broke anything. Everything still works. It just hurts.
Now my wife is pizzed at me for being an idiot. Se la vie.

I respect your efforts and I know that I periodically entertain my neighbors when I unload things out of the back of the truck. Last time for me was a gang box full of tools. I checked to make sure none of the tools would break and then basically rolled it off the tailgate. But it landed on its side and the neighbors could have gotten a good 12 minutes of enjoyment watching me trying to tip it back onto its wheels and keep it from falling into the the side of the truck. Now that you know I honestly do know what it's like and sympathize with your plight I will apologize in advance for making light of your situation. If you haven't already named it, you could call the new bronze piece the statue of limitations.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote