View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 09:05 PM   #16
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
just noticed your mc pic. i had my tank under the floor for a couple years, had to check/fill the reservoir from under the floor, that worked fine until i had a leak. found this little item on a cobra replicar site, they mount the mc under the fender where it's hard to service. find a nissan quest or mercury villager and get the tank and mc adapters from one to convert to a remote reservoir. teflon lined hose is pricey, i got lucky and bought the end of a roll from a gearhead
Generally I'm not a big fan of master cylinders under the floor mainly from a service standpoint but I get it. Most of the builds we do have it on the firewall but we do put some under the floor depending on what the customer wants.

I was kinda the same way, I wanted it clean under the hood. I hate filling the little cast master cylinders. Mines not much better but the huge 1 QT+ res is see through and has a low level sensor that I will eventually hook up when I get to the gauges. Makes it a lot easier to check and I have plenty of warning before it runs out.

The remote reservoir is a good idea. I'll have to keep that in mind.

How do you like the Ramjet? I put one in my 68 Impala with a 700r4 and 3.08 gears and I was super happy with it. Ran smooth, insane torque at lower rpm, tire smoke at will from a stop. Put another one in the bosses 64 Chevy pickup. I think that one still had the deep gears from the 6cyl in it because it wouldn't even try to hook up.

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote