View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 09:09 AM   #1795
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
I dont put up outside lights . Might get one or 2 cars a day go by non at night ,and we went from 53 on Thursday to snow today and 27. Bikes and trucks all put away they salted the roads so untill it rains and washes it off the road they stay in the garage .
We were just below the edge of that snow and it got to low-50s. I put up the lights on all my buildings. Over the years I've been told the kids across the road (barely see their house from here) love the lights. I also have kids next to and behind me who have parents that don't do such things and I like knowing they get to see mine. The ones across the way are growing up but staying around and now they do the lights up bigtime, starting with stringing lights from the road all the way back to the house. I get to look at theirs now. I always liked seeing the house out in the country all lit up. I love seeing mine when I drive up in the evening, as well as while I'm home. I can look out my window from bed and see them above the window and out on the woodshed. I love seeing the lights in the snow. I leave them on until second week of January January but leave them up till spring. I'll plug them in when we get a good snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
I busted out the ole Sega Genesis and beat Sonic 2 with my 4 year old son. Hard to believe that thing and all it’s games still work after 30+ Years.
Hah! I still have all the Nintendo stuff from my oldest son. I may still master Mario Brothers yet! That's all I ever tried with it or any other video gaming. I figure it still works but haven't tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3757chevy View Post
My wife and I watched our Granddaughters Today while our Son in law and Daughter went to the Broncos - Chargers Game. I winterized the patio door and made a trip to town for bird seed and dog treats. Picked up some photo cards at Walgreens and parked next to someones '72 K5 . We bought lunch at Mickey D's and got home in time to see kick off .
Take Suburban to town with grandkids to do errands. That's just great, and how it was meant to be. When I had my '71 it was our pile in and go vehicle when our kids were young. I mostly remember going to 4H for dog obedience classes with our kids our dog, some neighbor kids, and their dogs. All I knew is I was driving and could see out the windshield and looking in the rear view was eyeballs and fur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KW5413 View Post
Installed a dash camera in my Denali. It was in my 2018 Sierra. Only took me 14 months to get around to hard wiring it in this truck.
I like to carry parts on my seat that go on my truck. Bigger stuff goes on the passenger floor

What I did yesterday, other than leaves and Christmas lights, was finish bolting bottom plates on the one barn wall (barn move project) and lay the block that the building will move across. Still on temporary supports. Let that set a while then set the building down and do the other side
Name:  DSCN0524.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  43.0 KB
Name:  DSCN0525.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  35.4 KB
Name:  DSCN0526.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  41.7 KB

The other side
Name:  Move 51.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  32.5 KB

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-29-2021 at 09:34 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote