Thread: '57 2Dr Sedan
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 09:36 PM   #115
Ironhorse

Re: '57 2Dr Sedan

Well with today being rather unseasonably warm for early December, (topped out at a record breaking 74 degrees) took the '57 for quite likely the last run of the year. Wife and I drove to our favorite burger joint about 20 miles north of us. Hand cut fries, hand made burger patty with all the fixins' and a Dr. Pepper combo. Had a great ride, temp stayed rock solid at 180 degrees, 42 lbs. oil pressure and listening to the Thrush mufflers singing along at 60 mile an hour. Gotta' get some tunes in this ride tho, lol.

Got back into town and stopped to top her off at the local station. $2.86 a gal. Had three people stop to ask and talk about the ride. One guy wanted to know what color. Another being a youngster of late teens/early 20s. First comment was "that is one bad a** ride!" then had to ask "what year is it?" Told him a '57 210 sedan and he asked what it had in it. Told him a 283 with dual fours and he asked if I would pop the hood. I opened the hood and "Wow, that is so COOL!" was the next thing he said. I have to say I got a warm and fuzzy over that one, LOL. Hate to put her up for the winter, may have to do this again before the salt brine gets laid down for moisture/ice.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote