Thread: 47-55.1 My 53 GMC 3/4 ton project
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 11:37 PM   #48
Nima
Blue 67

Re: My 53 GMC 3/4 ton project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
yeah, i'd say your mount has quite a bit more beef than the CI one. what mounts was the CI piece using?
It is their own relabeled in a plastic bag. Not a name brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8man View Post
I like the firewall.

I wish I knew about transmissions. I have a 700R4 that needs a rebuild.
I thought to make something different with firewall!
This is my second attempt at 4L60E. First one was a year ago and it was a failure(!!) but I have some clues as what I may have done wrong. I have a book and also transmissionbench.com has very nice videos for 4L60E. I believe 700R is pretty much the same. I don't know if this transmission has any issues or not. So far the inside looks okay but I am changing all the seals and clutches anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
heres a link to a video, never watched it but maybe somebody could comment.
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/th...ssion-rebuild/

nima, you are sure coming along quickly. nice work. did you make the firewall emblem? bead roller?
Thanks.
The emblem on firewall was made by just using a punch. Initially I thought I am going to use solid rivets instead of screws around the boarder and then use them to make the emblem. When I made the drawing and use the punch to drill holes for the rivets, I thought it looked nice the way it was with a lot less work! Then I decided to just use SS screws for the boarder, besides I needed additional hand for doing the rivets which I don't have.
1979 Camaro Z28: 5.3 vortec conversion with build TH350: drivable project, Fun to drive
1992 Camaro RS convertible (Z28 clone): 5.3 conversion with build T5: on going project
2005 Silverado 2500, 4x4 Duramax, original owner
Nima is offline   Reply With Quote